I recently used a Scotts fertilizer/weed killer product for late summer/early...

I recently used a Scotts fertilizer/weed killer product for late summer/early fall. I followed the directions but think that I used too much as I have many spots where the grass is yellow and dead. What I can do about it? I feel like contacting scotts to complain. Based on your experience, is there anything that Scotts could do for me? And what's the best way to fix the spots? Thank you

Wayne County Michigan lawns and turf

It depends on whatwas in the product you put on the lawn. If Preen was in it then you cannot reseed. Preen stands for pre-emergent weed seed control. Unfortunately grass seed fits that category of control as well. Check the bag carefully. If pre-emergent was not used then you should be able to take the dead and yellow grass out, top dress with a good compost and then reseed. Water in real good and for a good fall start for your damaged lawn. As always Thank you for using the Ask An Expert System.