NRCS High Tunnel

Asked August 29, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT

I was just approved to purchase a 480 square foot high tunnel greenhouse. Do you have advice on which company to buy from? Quality is most important to me. Is there a manufacturer in Utah or in a neighboring state where I can pick it up myself to save the cost of shipping? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Box Elder County Utah

1 Response

Grower Supply or Farmtek are two websites that have several different types of High tunnels. We recently purchased one for a community garden at 8500 ft and have been happy with it. I think the brand we purchased was clear span and i would recomend getting the roll up ends over the zipper. It cost a little more to install but we have had the zipper end and had to replace them after two year because of wind. You will have to open up for ventilation during warm days. I would also recommend shade cloth to help with heat if you are not planning any kind of ventilation fans to help with controlling temperature in the structure. We have had good luck with Grower supply but lack on support some times because the are an in between with manufacturer.