What are these insects

They started eating one of my tomatoes this morning and now it is almost bear of leaves I think when they are done with this one they will move on to the next one. Can you tell me what they are and how to kill them. They are off white to green flying insects. I can't find their picture any where on the internet

Hudspeth County Texas

Thanks for your question,

It is very likely that the insect depicted in the pictures is the Ashgray Blister Beetle. The ash-gray and striped blister beetles, in particular, are notorious for quickly stripping the foliage from vegetable plants – tomatoes, beans, peas, potatoes. Spot treatment using insecticides is usually adequate. They usually move onto vegetables after alfalfa and other crops are harvested.

Organic insecticide options include pyrethrins (pyganic), or spinosad (Entrust).Over-the-counter options include Fertilome® Borer, Bagworm, Tent caterpillar and Leafminer spray (spinosad 0.5%) and Green Light® (spinosad 0.5%).

I hope this helps,