Subject: Mineral Rights and what the average is in Muskingum county OH I am...

Subject: Mineral Rights and what the average is in Muskingum county OH I am selling my property. Unimproved 75 ac. But keeping the Mineral rights. I was asked how much I would sell the Mineral rights for. I had not thought of that...because the fracking stuff has not come close to us. Is there some information on what the averages are running, say from Guernsey county to the far side of Muskingum? Or do you have links or people I could talk to on this subject? Thank you for any help you can offer Cindy Northrup

Muskingum County Ohio

Value of mineral rights: Here in Guernsey county mineral rights have sold for thousands of dollars per acre. You asked for this information; however this stat has little relevance in Muskingum County at this time. What will the value on mineral rights be in Muskingum County in the future? Currently, east of you, mineral rights are most often being sold separately from the land. Even at the price mentioned above, in a high yielding area, a landowner may stand to make more from royalty. Exploration for oil and gas west of interstate 77 has been minimal and therefore it is difficult to establish a realistic comparison on mineral value in Muskingum County. I would recommend you speak to some realtors and auctioneers working in your area as well.