Could you test sherry bought at a winery on lake Seneca New York State. I...

Could you test sherry bought at a winery on lake Seneca New York State. I tasted it at the winery and experienced a GI upset but didn't relate the 2 at the time. I brought a bottle home. On August 25 I took a few sips and immediately developed severe upper abdominal pain with BP 180/103. I went to the hospital and was admitted. Tests were essentially normal apart from mild elevation of liver enzymes. If you could not test the sherry for some contaminant do you know who would do tests. Thank you I'd be grateful for any advice

Baltimore Maryland

Thank you for your question. It has been reassigned so that the most qualified person can provide an answer. The Baltimore City Extension office does not have the capacity to test the sherry; however, there may be an agent in the state who can provide the information you need.