Erosion control

I just built a new house and there is a slope between my property and my neighbors that is eroding. I wanted to know if you had any suggestions on what I might be able to do? My sprinkler system does not go that far but I thought there might be a type of grass that would grow over there to help the erosion. I also want to see what I can do for the rest of my property. I have some coastal grass growing in areas but due to my building process and dirt movement it is all gone. Wanted to know your thoughts on a native grass that I might be able to plant to fill in? I attached a few pictures. Any ideas would be appreciated.

McLennan County Texas landscape design erosion

If it was mine I would plant common bermudagrass. It is excellent for growing on slope areas like you have pictured. However the best time to plant it is the first week of April. Currently we are really "between growing seasons." You could plant ryegrass in mid-October. It is very lush and would grow well in that area. It will germinate right on top of the ground and does not have to be planted down in the soil. I would rough the soil up slightly to allow the seed to make good soil/seed contact.

As far as permanent warm season grasses, bermudagrass would be my first choice, buffalograss would be my second choice. It is hardy like bermudagrass and does not require much maintenance. Again, the growing season for warm season grasses (like bermuda or buffalograss) is April-September.

You mention natives....there are many types and common bermuda can be a native. Most of the time when people mention a "native" grass I think of "bunch type" grasses like bluestem, indiangrass, klein, etc which are good for holding soil together but not exactly aesthetically pleasing as a bermuda (in my opinion). You can google the bunch type grasses I mentioned. If those are of interest you can order them from http://www.seedsource.com/, or https://www.easttexasseedcompany.com/

the links I included with this email also have pictures of other native plants, and grasses you might want to plant in that area. I usually like to plant native grasses in the fall or the spring.