Red Maple chlorosis treatment

I live in Parker, CO and I have a beautiful Red Maple tree that has very yellow/gold leaves. I have tried to treat it with several types of iron supplements but it has not improved. I have been told this is a common problem with maples and iron supplements usually help. However in my case nothing I've tried has corrected the problem.

I'd like to know if there is something I'm missing with my treatment methods that if applied to resolve the problem?

Douglas County Colorado trees and shrubs horticulture

Your soil, like many in the Denver area, is probably alkaline and high in lime. CSU Extension encourages soil testing before planting certain maples and other trees that often become chlorotic in area soils.

Red maple, silver maple and Autumn Blaze maple are among the maples very likely to struggle in alkaline, high-lime soils.

While there are some effective treatments available, they may have to be used annually or repeatedly in the same season. Treatments may be needed more frequently as the maple grows larger.

Suggest you read more about iron chlorosis at http://www.ext.colostate.edu/mg/Gardennotes/223.html

You may decide that it would be easier to replace the red maple with a tree not prone to iron chlorosis