I have 2 indoor Japanese maples and a small palm tree, they both have little...

I have 2 indoor Japanese maples and a small palm tree, they both have little flying insects and minute crawling insects. i have changed the soil and pots but they reappeared. I use a solution of dish soap alcohol and vinegar to trap the flying insects and many store brand insecticides but nothing will work to completely get rid of these insects... Please, What can i do???

Hudson County New Jersey houseplants japanese maples possible fungus gnats palm tree

If possible submit photos of the insects you are dealing with. Wrap some sticky tape around some of the branches or leaves to identify.
The flying insects may be fungus gnats. They breed in moist potting soil. You may need to change your watering schedule and water when the soil dries out. See our website for photos and more information http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/fungus-gnats-houseplants
Do not spray unless you have identified the insects and you know what you are spraying for.