Are false Solomon seal berries edible?

If so, do you have jelly recipe? I have a lot of these plants in wildflower beds planted by previous owner(s). I have always left the berries to the fauna, but am interested in whether these berries might make a good jelly, as do berries from my many OR grape, my newfound wild plums and damson plums. bumper crops this year. thanks!

Marion County Oregon food safety home food preservation

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your question. According to Penn State, the False Soloman Seal roots are edible, but it doesn't mention the berries. The publication, which is available at
http://www.psu.edu/dept/nkbiology/naturetrail/speciespages/false_solomon%27s_seal.html

Human Use

In traditional medicine the dried roots of false Solomon’s seal can be used to brew a tea to treat coughs and constipation. Chemicals in the roots act as expectorants and mucous softening agents. A leaf tea of the plant can be used topically to treat rashes and reduce itching. A Native American tribe in California used an effusion of crushed false Solomon’s seal roots to stun fish and facilitate their harvest from streams. False Solomon’s seal is also frequently planted as an ornamental in perennial flower gardens.

You may wish to call the OSU food preservation and safety hotline to see if they have additional information. Their number is 1-800-354-7319
9 AM to 4 PM Monday - Friday

Best wishes,
Tonya