Can you help me interpret the Agronomic Crop Nutrient Recommendations?

I have a question on the agronomic crop nutrient recommendations chart found in the Maryland Nutrient Management Manual (http://mda.maryland.gov/resource_conservation/Documents/nm_manual/I-B1%20p1-15%20update.pdf). The charts recommend certain amounts of nutrients based on soil test results grouped into low, medium, optimum, and excessive. If I have my soil tested, so do I use the unit provided from the soil test (example: P = 29 ppm), or do I convert my soil test to an FIV and apply the FIV number to the chart in the Nutrient Management Manual?

District of Columbia County District of Columbia

Yes the ppm would need to be converted to FIV values before using the chart. Some soil testing labs will report the values both ways. Maryland Nutrient Management Consultants put the ppm values into a computer program which will convert the values to FIV as well as generate recommendations based on the crop to be grown and the yield goal. You can also get recommendations generated by the soil testing lab if you provide information on the crop to be grown and the yield goal.