I have four Leland cypress trees, planted 15 years ago. About 30 feet. Severe...

I have four Leland cypress trees, planted 15 years ago. About 30 feet. Severe winter in 2013 have caused brown sections throughout the trees in small areas. Should I remove the dead needles that have fallen under them and perhaps feed them. Have never fed them since planted. Can they be saved?

Allegany County Maryland trees and shrubs leyland cypress winter damage

Many leyland cypress suffered varying degrees of winter damage from this past winter. An unusually cold winter can take their toll on these minimally hardy trees. Leylands in general do not like our heat and humidity and grow best in full sunlight. When grown in a hedgerow they can be shaded and the interior browns out due to lack of sun.
A reason to remove the dead needles would be if the needles dropped due to a disease. At this point, all you can do is prune out dead plant material and keep the tree watered in dry periods. We have had abundant moisture this season but you should check especially in the fall months and water if we have extended dry periods. No fertilizer is recommended.