Emerald Ash Borer

Asked August 15, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT

Who should I contact to look at a Green Ash tree in my yard for possible Green Ash Borer.

Adams County Iowa

1 Response

Dear Gardener,

You should look for a certified arborist in your area. They are often listed in the Yellow Pages. This article may provide some tips: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/forestry/care_maintenance/arborists.html You might also contact your county extension agent to see if they have a list of certified arborists in your area.

For treating a specimen ash tree, you may want to call several arborists to get some idea on pricing for preventive treatment which is injected into the trunk every two years. However, once a tree is infested there is no reliable treatment.