pH testing of foods

Asked August 12, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT

Hello, I am a Health Inspector for Deschutes County and one of my restaurants would like to sell jars of Bloody Mary mix. She is required to have the pH of the Bloody Mary mix tested to determine the shelf life. Does OSU provide this service? Do you know of any other labs that might? Thanks, Melissa Kauffman, REHS.

Deschutes County Oregon

1 Response

We suggest that she contact the Oregon State University Food Innovation Center in Portland regarding product testing. You can visit the FIC website here: or, call them at 503-872-6680. I believe they may be able to help, or point her in the right direction.

Thank you for contacting Ask an Expert.