I have a well on our property. In a crisis situation like recent water...

I have a well on our property. In a crisis situation like recent water contamination I wonder if I may use this water for drinking. I have never had any analysis of this water done. Please advise where I can send a sample to have a thorough analysis. I live at Sylvania Township. So far I was using it to water the garden and fill the little swimming pool for kids but not for cooking. The well is probably not deeper than 10-12 feet.

Lucas County Ohio

Hello ! Thank you for the question. Our office has been receiving numerous questions related to the Do Not Drink order last week. Ohio State University Extension has a website that you might be interested in - http://ohiowatersheds.osu.edu/well-educated-ohio

Getting to Know Your Well Water is full of valuable information including a list of laboratories and a tool to help interrupt or understand the results. I hope that this information is helpful. Amy