I have a Registered Historical home that is a little over 150 year old and...

I have a Registered Historical home that is a little over 150 year old and recently I noticed the ground is falling in not too far from the original sistran in the yard. It is covered with a concrete slab. Also happening, when it rains water is flowing in our crawl space. There is a bad drainage off the roof that I know needs to be done, but at this point I am concern how best to handle this. I have a friend that once had some sink wholes in his yard and contact Maryland University and the professor and his students came to inspect the area and left him with an educated evaluation. Would this be something you maybe able to help with. I am afraid if I get estimates from different excavator, I may get all different opinions. This problem sits too closed to my home for me not to be very worried. Thank you in advance for you consideration. April Ojeda

Berkeley County West Virginia

Hello, the best way to get help from the Extension Service would be to contact the West Virginia University Extension Office in Berkeley County. Here is some contact information:

Phone: (304) 264-1936
Fax: (304) 264-2153
Mail:
WVU Extension Service Berkeley County
400 West Stephen Street
Suite 302
Martinsburg, WV 25401

website: http://berkeley.ext.wvu.edu/

I hope this helps!