I am considering using crown vetch on a dry west slope along a highway. What...

I am considering using crown vetch on a dry west slope along a highway. What is the most cost effective method to start it and what directions would you give me?

Washington County Minnesota crown vetch roadside vegetation nonnative species mndot seed mixes

Crown vetch is considered an invasive and is difficult to control but if it is contained by a roadway and can't spread to an area where you don't want it then it can be seeded or planted as small started plants. Here is a link to info about it. http://www.floridata.com/ref/c/coro_var.cfm. I don't know where you might acquire the seed or plants but if you contact a local greenhouse or nursery they would be able to order for you and give you prices for both. You would probably need to consider the use of a mat such as the DOT uses to keep the seed in place if you went that route. You might contact them and ask if they could help you or give you advice.