How can I control powdery mildew on melons and pumpkins in my organic garden?

I have watermelons, cantaloupes, and pumpkins growing well in my organic garden. However, I just returned from vacation and found several leaves starting to be covered with powdery mildew. I would like to treat the powdery mildew with an organic substance. Do you have any recommendations about what I should use? I tried milk and water last year with little success, but I am willing to try it again if that is recommended. Also, would removing the plant with the most powdery mildew, or at least the leaves that are most infected, help? I know that allowing air circulation is important and will continue to promote proper air circulation.

Ramsey County Minnesota powdery mildew dja

Powdery mildew often develops so rapidly after it is established that control is difficult no matter what measures, organic or inorganic, are taken. The following bulletins discuss this subject from an organic perspective:

Powdery Mildew Management on Organic Cucurbits

Managing Cucurbit Powdery Mildew Organically