I dug up Siberian iris today, for dividing. Should I do anything other than...

I dug up Siberian iris today, for dividing. Should I do anything other than cut the root clumps into individual plants before replanting? Add 10-10-10 fertilizer? My coral bells and ornamental grasses (4' tall) need dividing. Any special techniques? When coral bells bloom, then the flowers wilt and "die", will they rebloom if I cut back the stalks?

Hennepin County Minnesota perennials

Here is a publication that will tell you about irises. Siberian iris is listed about half way through the page.

The Heuchera (coral bells) and ornamental grasses should be divided in early spring - just before, or just as the new growth appears. You can divide them now as well, but don't wait too much longer this season because they need to develop a good root system before winter sets in. They are easy to divide - but it's a bit hard to explain. You can dig out the whole, old plant and if it's overgrown you will notice some woody stems that tend to lay on, or just above the ground. These can be broken off. Discard all of the old foliage and break the new plantlets away from that woody stem. These will become your new plants. They may not have obvious roots yet, but they can be placed into the soil, and if kept slightly damp they will begin to grow. I Coral bells will not re-bloom when you remove the spent flowers, but most people remove them just for appearance sake.

Here is a link that explains how to divide grasses:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/landscaping/ornamental-grasses-for-cold-climates/int...

I hope this is helpful. Please contact AaE again if you have further questions.