I live in Leisure World. We have a large area setaside for garden plots. I...

I live in Leisure World. We have a large area setaside for garden plots. I have noticed over several years that tomatoes, all varieties across the entire garden area, the leaves starting at the bottom turn yellow and die. Indeterminate plants stop baring in late August or early September. Some plants are in raised beds others are not. Some mulched others not. Just about every variety of tomatoes know to man is grown in just about every possible manner and the results are uniformally the same. We have an unlimited supply of ground leaf mulch available. I have diagnosed the problem as wilt or blite. How do we get rid of it?

Montgomery County Maryland vegetables foliar disease early blight

Tomatoes can be susceptible to several foliar diseases. From your description you may be referring to early blight. All produce spots or lesions on leaves, start at the bottom of the plant and progress through the season if conditions are right, to defoliate tomato plants (spotting, yellowing, dying.)
You can remove the lower leaves to slow the upward spread of the disease, keep plants well mulched to minimize soil splashing, water at the base of the plants, provide adequate spacing and spray with a copper fungicide (early in the season) to lessen spread of the disease. It is too late to spray this season. Fungicide treatments can help to protect new or un-infected foliage they are not curatives. See our website for more information on management of the diseases. http://extension.umd.edu/learn/early-blight-tomato

Would early blight also affect cucumbers?