Faribault County, Minnesota, USA Photo taken July 25, 2014 The body appears...

Faribault County, Minnesota, USA Photo taken July 25, 2014 The body appears thick and furry, with a hint of a tail or fringe at the end of the body. The antennae do not appear segmented. The wings appear clear and veined with dark edges. The legs appear spurred or feathered. The only color I see is where the wings are attached to the body, and possibly lighter antennae. It landed in front of me in a parking lot, and when I tried to adjust my stance it flew off. This was near a rain garden with blooming coneflower and milkweed. I think it is a Virginia Creeper Clearwing, yes? Not sure if that's something to be concerned about so just thought someone would want to know ...

Faribault County Minnesota

Thank you for the photo and excellent description. It is not on any watch list and not a concern. They are very interesting. Sightings (first) are recorded and I will pass on the information. Thanks for sharing.