Does Milorganite contain heavy metals from Milwaukee sewerage? I heard it...

Does Milorganite contain heavy metals from Milwaukee sewerage? I heard it does. If so, is there a different organic fertilizer I can use on my established lawn (no irrigation, leave clippings) that has only nitrogen and potassium? Thanks.

Cook County Illinois lawns and turf water protecting water quality and quantity in the local watershed soil and fertility issues

Yes it does. From their web site:

Milorganite and all other fertilizers, both organic and synthetic, contain some heavy metals. In fact, plants need some heavy metals, such as copper, molybdenum, and zinc, for healthy growth. To ensure safety, both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and many states have established limits for metals. Milorganite is sampled daily to evaluate compliance with these limits. Milorganite complies with all federal and local limits, which allows Milorganite to be used with confidence for all of your fertilizing needs, including grass, trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables.

If you have other questions, there is more information at http://www.milorganite.com/FAQ