What is wrong with my goatsbeard?

I moved my goatsbeard from a very shady location to a bit sunnier location last fall. It came up strong and was doing well until a few weeks ago. At that time, it started to yellow and turn brown, even though it is well-watered. Plants around it are okay. Do you have any thoughts about what is wrong with it?

Ramsey County Minnesota plant disease dja goatsbeard

Goatsbeard is a woodland plant that prefers shade or part shade and cool, moist soil. That being said, it can do well in the north if it's watered well. It is susceptible to conditions that are too dry or too wet, so it's possible that you are watering it too much, especially with all the rain we've had. Goatsbeard is done blooming in my Ramsey County yard now, and it typically "fades" a bit into the landscape. Check for rot at the base of the stems, and remove any affected plant material and dispose of it in the garbage. Reduce watering if rot is found, and ensure good air circulation around your plant.