new business

Asked July 15, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT

I need to open a new poultry or slaughter home in Alameda County

Alameda County California small meat processors slaughter

1 Response

Your email doesn't make it entirely clear as to what information you need, but you could start by contacting the California Dept. of Ag. Meat, Poultry and Egg Safety Branch for regulatory guidance:

Speak with your county planning dept. for zoning guidance:

And the FSIS District Office for more information on obtaining a grant of inspection:

I also recommend checking out the Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network's website for all kinds of resources for new meat processors: