lime to help degrade pig manure

I have a pig farm in Maupin.. I would like to process the "dried" pig manure and spread it on fields so as to grow grasses.. I have heard that mixing lime with manure is a good way to improve soil... So question is how would you "process pig manure" (probably a ton or more (mixed with cut alfalfa as feed) so as to improve soil for eventual growing of grasses? Also, for a Maupin which gets no more than 15 inches of precipitation per annum----what type of grass seed would be good to plant in this mixture? Thanks. Peter O'Hanley 541-980-9984

Wasco County Oregon animal manure management forages

Good morning, I have a few questions for you. Do you know how much manure you have, how many acres of pasture you want to fertilize, and any soil test information for the pasture site? I will try calling you later today. I am actually in Alabama this week. Troy Downing Oregon State University