My Morency cherry tree dropped its leaves a week ago. We planted the tree two...

My Morency cherry tree dropped its leaves a week ago. We planted the tree two years ago and it has grown and up to a week ago, looked healthy. We live in the country by a corn field which is 30 feet away but we have other trees in that area and they were not effected if it was over-spray. There is no evidence of mites or fungus on the leaves. There are shoots coming up from the base of the tree.

Allen County Ohio fruit trees

You have "I believe" what is known as Cherry Leaf Spot. Not having a leaf in front of me, it is hard to tell. Please look at the following web page and I think you will agree .http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/pdf/HYG_3021_08.pdf

I am concerned about the growth coming from t he base of the tree.. This could mean the tree is dying or the growth is coming from the parent the tree it was grafted to. If the growth is coming from below the grafting point it is coming from the parent onto which was grafted the

Our cherry tree leaves do not have any spots on the leaves. Over night all of the trees leaves turned yellow and curled. We have lost 75 percent of the leaves now.

I am not sure what caused the holes but in my experience with my cherries their were holes also in them but in the pears, no holes. I still think your trees are suffering with Fire Blight. You can send parts of the tree and the leaves to the lab in Columbus. If you are interested, contact your local extension office and they will tell you how to ship with the address and the cost. I Think its $20.00