What's "Bugging" me?

My backyard garden is overrun this year by a bug that I first noticed on my raspberries. Some of the leaves had a little cluster of eggs. They hatch into a little red bug with 4 legs & 2 antenna's. As an adult they have brownish wings with a red body, but you really dont see the red until they take flight. As adults i see them seemingly sucking the juice from the ripe berry. It looks like they mate on the ground, connecting front to back & back to front, reminding me of a train with 2 engines. Usually one goes forwards while pulling the other one backwards. I have killed 50 or 60 and haven't noticed a stink or a smell. Any idea's?

Lane County Oregon insect issues

Sounds like one of the true bugs in the order Hemiptera. There are many species that feed on plants, and have the other characteristics you describe. It is always a good idea to post a picture with an id question if possible. Check with the county Extension office for specific control suggestions but neem oil insecticide is often useful in gardens for these pests.