Inundated with Snails after Big Flood

Hi~
I am in Delaware County NY [ considered Catskill Mnts]. I have been a Gardener in various states in the USA for almost 40 years now. By far, the area I am in now IS the hardest I have ever gardened. Some Zone Maps say we are 5a or 5B...but due to cold pockets, I think we are more like Zone 4.

A few years ago we got hit with a whopper of a flood-- the "FEMA Disaster Area" kind of flood. We live where there is LOTS OF WATER, as I am only 1.5 miles from the Pepacton Reservoir.

Since the flood, my property has been inundated with SNAILS! Tons of them! Mostly Black, but tan/brown ones, too. I think they "came in with the flood" from somewhere else (???)

If I have a plant they like, by morning that plant could literally have HUNDREDS of snails on it!
I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! I am losing too many plants.

How should I handle this problem [ and hopefully in an organic manner].
Someone told me to buy DUCKS.

Please help me!
Holly G.

Delaware County New York

You should look up the contact info for the Delaware Co. Extension office and speak with one of the agents there.