I planted an Ann Magnolis tree about two weeks ago and it is getting brown...

I planted an Ann Magnolis tree about two weeks ago and it is getting brown irregular spots on it leaves. I also notice a wound on the trunk that has healed over. Should I be concerned? I have it planted on the east side of my house, so it gets morning and some afternoon light.

Washington County Minnesota

Hi,
This looks like some sort of bacterial leaf spot. I am attaching some information about managing for leaf spot. http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/trees-shrubs/management-of-leaf-spot-diseases/#leaf-...

As far as the wound, I would not be too concerned since it does not encircle the tree. I would, however, watch it for changes that might indicate a problem.

Do you think I should replace this tree?

Hi again,
I don't think you need to take it out unless you really don't want to treat it for the bacteria spots. Of course, if you're not happy with the way the tree looks, you should take it out.