Worm?

Last fall I bought some super red night crawlers to enrich my daylily flower bed since the soil just didn't seem rich enough. This spring, I could barely move the top of the soil and there would be plenty of worms. I was very excited and my daylilies bloomed very well. After a rain and when my sprinkler goes off early in the morning, I see these things crawling on the walkway by my flower bed. At first, I thought they must be the red night crawlers, but they're not red. If they are worms, what type are they? I'm curious because I also have seen some land planariums which I understand eat earthworms as well as slugs and snail which seem to be everywhere also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Harris County Texas

Sorry but that is outside my area of expertise. I agree that they don't look exactly like worms but they also don't have the triangular head often seen on land planariums. Here is a web site with more info on land planariums:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/galveston/beneficials/beneficial-57%28partial%29_land_planarian.h...

What can I ask about this?

Sorry,"WHO" can I ask about this?

I don't think those worms are a threat to your plants or cause for concern. We don't have a specialist on worm of that type. I'm not sure who you might ask but it would be a biologist with that expertise.