Dehydrated Foods

I am dehydrating food for a backpacking trip. If I freeze the food in a vacuum sealed bag following dehydration, then remove it from freezer to mail it to a site to be eaten on the trail 2-3 weeks later, will the food be spoiled? If yes, should I simply dehydrate the food and store it in a dry , dark location until I ship it? I have to mail my food by 7-2 for use approximately July 20 through August 4. Thanks

Bernalillo County New Mexico

Storing dehydrated foods in the freezer is usually recommended only for areas that have very high humidity - probably not New Mexico - which is the location that is displayed with
your question. For your situation, dehydrating and then storing in a dry, dark location should work well. Some other points to keep in mind - be sure the dehydrated food has cooled completely before packaging it and package in small amounts to better control moisture.