Round up damage to ash trees

I live in southern Richland Co and the ash trees on the south side of my yard look like they have damage from what I think is Round UP. Trees on other sides of yard and in the yard are OK. They have short shriveled up leaves on the bottom 1/3. The tops look somewhat OK. It started last year and is worse this year. Is there anything that can be done to help them survive? I read that a very heavy dose of Miracle Grow or nitrogen can help.

Richland County North Dakota trees and shrubs horticulture

We cannot predict whether the trees will survive. It depends upon the type of herbicide and the dose. If the tree received a relatively low dose, it will outgrow the problem by next year. If there is a buildup of herbicide in the tree or soil, you may see deformed foliage for 2 to 3 years. In either case, I would advocate taking extra good care of the trees. Water them when they need it. It is also good to fertilize your trees. Here is a link to a publication on fertilizing trees: http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/trees/h1035.pdfJust make sure not to fertilize your trees after July 1st. Good luck!