Hello, I have two similar vegetable gardens. Both have topsoil and a manure...

Hello, I have two similar vegetable gardens. Both have topsoil and a manure mulch mix. One is thriving and green, the other has rather yellow leaves. I did not blend the soil as well in the "yellowing" garden though otherwise the same. If the problem is too much nitrogen, will magnesium be helpful or can you recommend any other remediation with just this little data? Thanks Jack

Medina County Ohio

I would suggest getting a soil test to determine if there is a deficiency in the soil. The test result usually includes recommendations of what and how much to add to remedy anything that looks off. Here is a fact sheet on soil testing. the last 2 pages include a list of soil testing laboratories in Ohio. Contact a few to compare prices, turn around time, and what all is included in their test vs others before selecting one.
if you have further questions about the test results once you have the results back, you can contact your local extension office in medina at 330-725-4911

soil test factsheet: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/pdf/1132.pdf

Ha! Not only useless, but also late. I am skilled enough to find the testing resources without direction. What I was asking for was an opinion based on the information provided. Thanks for playing, sorry you didn’t win.