I have a plant that I am trying to find out the name for and any information...

I have a plant that I am trying to find out the name for and any information about it. My neighbor said it is good for repelling bugs and good for ground cover. Could you help Identify it for me. Thank you in advance. Picture of it is attached

Anne Arundel County Maryland flowers invasive chameleon plant houttenyia cordata

This is Houttenyia cordata, also known as chameleon plant, and is a notorious non-native plant, listed as an exotic invasive in Maryland. It is extremely aggressive, can be almost impossible to control or get rid of. Originally it was sold as a ground cover with multi-colored foliage, but after a while it reverts to the original species plant with green leaves. We'd recommend that you avoid this plant at all costs and warn your neighbor that they are dealing with a very problematic plant that could cause a lot of regret in the future. Hopefully, your neighbor is not passing the plant around to friends.

Thank you for your quick response and before I went any further.

You're very welcome. It's always good to ask!