planted row of tabasco pepper plants ,next day all leaves from all plants...

planted row of tabasco pepper plants ,next day all leaves from all plants were gone only stem left.It was a row of six plants.

Jefferson County Texas

There are many caterpillars that eat on plants, I've included a link to an article that will shed some light on the problem. Peppers & tomatoes are in the same family: nightshade. http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/galveston/Gardening-Handbook/PDF-files/GH-014--tomato-hornworm.pd...

I suspected caterpillars ,but have never known them to eat a row of plants in one night.I bought larger plants about 6 to 8 inches and covered them completely with 7 dust and that night all plants had no leaves and just stems.One plant of jalapenos was left with loads of 7 dust on it .The next morning all leaves were gone.Have not seen any bugs or worms on plant before leaves disappeared.

I reassigned your question to Harris County since they have more Horticulture agents there so maybe they can shed some light on what happened...