Economy Pest control recently sprayed the exterior of my home with the...

Economy Pest control recently sprayed the exterior of my home with the pesticide Suspend. The active ingredient is Delmetrin. They sprayed my herb garden by mistake. I am growing sage, basil, parsley, rosemary, and several vegetable plants including cucumbers, zucchini and artichoke. The vegetables are in the flower stage. Can you tell me if the herbs are edible or need to be removed? Are the flowering vegetables ok once the vegetable grows? Do I need to remove the soil and replace with fresh soil before I replant if that is necessary?

Anne Arundel County Maryland

The active ingredient was probably 'Deltamethrin'. This is a synthetic pyrethroid, which is probably not a problem, but whatever is used as a 'carrier' to spread the pesticide might be. Your best bet in any case is to call the National Pesticide Information Center at 800-858-7378 and ask them.