Name This Plant

I bought some Red Hot Poker seeds back in February. The package was clearly marked Red Hot Poker and had a picture on the front. I brought them home, nursed them inside for a couple months and planted them in the ground. Now 3 months later I have this big non-Red Hot Poker plant and I can't figure out what it is. The leaves are trident in shape and have a bristle-velvet texture. Reminds me of a sunflower but the leaves throw me off. It stands 4 feet tall and green! Looks like there might be a bud of some kind about to bloom. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

Tarrant County Texas plant identification horticulture

Boy howdy, you have us all stumped too. It could be anything from a different part of the countyry even. Where were the seeds packaged at?
If the bloom comes out youmight send a picture of it and see if that will help us some?Wish I had better info for you.

Just bloomed a bright red flower yesterday morning.
looks like about 8-10 more buds on the way.
I purchased a pack of seeds from a Calloway's nursery in Fort Worth, TX.

Looks like a nice plant with a great blosoom. I looked through every book I have and cant find it! Wish i could give you something to work with?