Why are my ash trees dying? It is not ash bore. A number in my yard are...

Why are my ash trees dying? It is not ash bore. A number in my yard are losing all their foliage. I have one in my front yard that is over 30 feet tall and over 30 years old and it did not bud this year. I live on Willmar Lake in Kandiyohi County.

Kandiyohi County Minnesota ash trees tree problem

Thank you for the question. We need more information to be able to answer your question. Are they all 30 years old? How much sun/shade is there? Are leaves dropping from the top or bottom or all over? Do you see any sign of insect damage? Has any work been done around the trees that would disturb the roots or compact the soil? Was the trunk girdled (eaten all the way around) by critters over the winter. Please provide us with more information and, if possible, a photo or two and resubmit your question.
Another option is to check out this University of Minnesota Extension Tool called "What's wrong with my plant?" You may be able to diagnose the problem yourself. Here is the link http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/diagnose/plant/deciduous/ash/