What type of bug/beetle is this? I've found various borer beetles that look...

What type of bug/beetle is this? I've found various borer beetles that look like this one during my online searches but the size does not match. I have found these in my kitchen, laundry room, and bedroom (the house has been humid the past few weeks with all the rain) in moist locations like a pile of laundry or near the wash rag in our kitchen. We have removed our fire wood from our home which had previously been sitting next to our wood stove since winter. Are they invasive? Harm adults and/or small babies? Do I need to take steps to eradicate? Thank you!

McLeod County Minnesota

Wood boring insects are often found in firewood, but they seldom cause an infestation in furniture or a house structure. There are many species of wood-boring beetles that may infest wood and they range from 1-1/2" to 1/8" long. You can simply vacuum or sweep them up. Insecticide treatment of firewood is not recommended because dangerous fumes may arise when the wood is burned. The best way to eliminate the problem is to store the firewood outside until you need to burn it.

Ok, this is good information. So you're expert opinion is that the bugs came in on the firewood and removing the wood should solve the problem? Do you know / can you specify what kind of beetle this is?

I was unable to identify the specific type of wood borer. Look There may be D shaped exit holes on the firewood.