I have recently noticed in the last week that my Bradford pear trees have...

I have recently noticed in the last week that my Bradford pear trees have limbs that are dying. they were trimmed in the fall,but appeared to be regenerating and blooming this spring just fine. I did have cut worms about a month ago,and I sprayed with seven like always.Just noticed this action today 6/8/14. I attached some photos of the limbs affected so far.i have this in all seven of my trees. these trees are 18 years old, ive had them trimmed back before by the same tree service, and never noticed this. one of the pics I sent you shows some unusual bud pods, ive never seen this before either. I would appreciate some helpful hints of what I need to do to corredt this,if possible. Thank you

Charles County Maryland trees and shrubs fire blight bradford pear rust disease

Your Bradford pear tree is suffering from two problems, one is a fungal disease known as
'Hawthorn Rust', Gymnosporangium globosum. The other is a bacterial disease commonly known as 'Fire Blight' Erwinia amylovora.
The appropriate treatment is simply to prune out the affected limbs and fruit. Also, good sanitation is necessary: rake up and remove anything that falls off the tree this year.
LS