Hi, I transplanted a vine concord grape type tree from one place to another,...

Hi, I transplanted a vine concord grape type tree from one place to another, on the original area the tree was fruitful every year. On the new area the tree is healthy, every spring i can see what looks like the beginning of the grape formation, but as the spring progresses in to summer what looked like the beginning of grape fruit disintegrates in to a dust like powder and then all I get is lots of leafs. can you help me with some answers?

DuPage County Illinois grapes viticulture vines horticulture

It is difficult to guess what might be causing a lack of fruit set. Transplanting should not have caused a problem unless for some reason the vine is no longer the same genotype. Perhaps a rootstock instead? Most rootstock and half of all wild vines are male. They flower but do not produce fruit. That is a long shot, especially since most Concord types are on their own roots, not grafted.

It could be a common grape disease such as black rot, but your description does not fit. I suggest you submit a sample to the University of Illinois Plant Clinic. web.extension.illinois.edu/plantclinic For a nominal fee, they will be able to determine what the likely cause is.

I hope this helps,