aqua ponics

looking for grants to expand 2 year 20x40 aqua ponics greenhouse and looking for fingerlings for greenhouse

Grand Traverse County Michigan

Unfortunately there are very few opportunities available to obtain grant money for start up aquaculture and aquaponics facilities. For the most part these are considered high risk investment ventures, and even obtaining capital from lenders is even likely to be difficult. I have not seen anything available from the state, although you might partner with local NGO groups or academic institution interested in growing local healthy products. From the Federal side, USDA may have some programs like SARE, or SBIR. SBIR is very competitive and chances may increase from having an academic partner. Once you achieve startup and have an operating facility your options might increase as well as potential to win awards from USDA. In terms of success rates for aquaponics facilities in our region economic viability is a concern and I recommend you formulate a realistic business plan prior to embarking on this path. I know this is not much help, but in truth this is an area of great future promise, but numerous economic questions remain at this point in time. I did just come across an article that may provoke additional thought:

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3031225/futurist-forum/10-jobs-that-you-could-have-in-2030?partner=newsletter#8