Dying growth tip on evergreen tree

I have a 4.5 foot evergreen tree that was doing very well up until this spring. It has two growing tips that are now dying on it. I'm sorry I don't know whether it is a spruce or juniper, etc. Do you have any comments or suggestions?

Adams County Pennsylvania urban forestry

There are a number of factors which can cause tip dieback in evergreen trees and shrubs, including environmental factors (e.g. winter cold damage, salt spray) or pests (e.g. insects) and disease (e.g. fugus). Without knowing the specific kind of tree, it is hard to say what might be causing the problem. I would recommend calling your county extension office to speak with either a horticulture educator or master gardener who may be able to help determine the species of tree and narrow down the potential causes of the tip dieback. The Adams County, PA extension office can be reached at 717-334-6271.