Road salt damaged lawn

I've raked + blown off the sand, flushed the soil with water - tilled, removed debris, and finally laid down tarps (to prevent dandelion/helicopter seeds). 200 sq ft of lawn. I think it's now ready for grass seed..? Issue: City plows push heaps of snow, road salt and sand onto this area, and it's killed everything (except of course the all mighty dandelion). I'm guessing I need a turf type Tall Fescue (for salt resistance - outside of Wheatgrass which is too ugly for a lawn). QUESTION: Where can I find just plain Tall Fescue grass seed - Without being a mix of Ryegrass/Bluegrass or other grasses that will quickly die next spring due to the winter road salt? I only need about 2-3 lbs. AND what soil amendments do I add before putting down this type of grass seed? - IF in fact Tall Fescue is the resolve to my dilemma. Will peat moss be enough to cover it (hide from birds and keep moisture in) - OR - is it best simply to go to the city recycling area to get free compost dirt to cover it up with? Which is better? Do any municipalities (Cedar Rapids) have a program to plant grass seed on city right of ways? Thanks in advance! There are many of us who want to know how to solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Kris D.

Linn County Iowa

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.