I have had an infestation of white flies for about 4 years. They devour my...

I have had an infestation of white flies for about 4 years. They devour my ferns, are in the grass and have spread to the neighbours. I cannot find anyone who can help me. Most people tell me direct "you can't have white flies". They are minute white specks, if I ran my hand over the ferns a whole mass of them would fly off. They leave behind small irregular circled cut outs of whatever they devour. I need help badly ... cannot get anyone that deals with this problem. Thank you, Barbara I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada in a residential neighbourhood. A few years ago empty wild lots were graded down and homes have been built.

Outside United States ferns canada white flies

Could be white flies but it also could be a natural part of the plant since they produce spores this way. Send along a picture and we could tell a lot more that way.