Einkorn Digestiability

I was watching all of your videos on the genealogy of wheat and I'm curious what makes Einkorn so easy to digest? I'm doing a project on Einkorn so any information would be a great help. Thank you!

Clark County Nevada

HI!This is more of a food science question than a nutrition question but I will do my best to respond.The good concentration of several antioxidant compounds (carotenoids, tocols, conjugated polyphenols, alkylresorcinols and phytosterols) and low β-amylase and lipoxygenase activities (which limit antioxidant degradation during food processing) contribute to the excellent nutritional properties of its flour, superior to those of other wheats. I reviewed a 2014 article and it appears that the improved digestibility of einkorn is because of its starchstructure. Quality, texture and nutritional characteristics of flour and derived foods are influenced by starchstructure, content and composition. Because of the tightly packed starchstructure of einkorn, the amylose is more slowly digested than amylopectin, thus lowering glucose and insulin levels in the blood after meals and maintaining satiety longer.J Sci Food Agric 2014; 94: 601–612In a 2003 study, researchers at the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, in Frederiksberg, Denmark, compared three different loaves: einkorn bread made with honey-salt leavening; naturally-leavened einkorn bread made with crushed whole grains; and commercial yeast bread made with modern wheat. The naturally-leavened einkorn loaves significantly reduced the gastrointestinal response of GIP (glucose-dependent insulinotrophic polypeptide), a hormone important in controlling insulin secretion.
European Journal of Clinical Nutrition
, October 2003; 57(1):1254-61
If you could tell me which of our videos the information about the digestibility of einkorn was presented, I could contact that person and have them provide you with more information.

Thank you! That information helps a lot! I was watching this video series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8dJkaqAT4
I'm looking at the differences of the digestibility of Einkorn, modern wheat, and white breads. I'm grateful for your answers and including the article. The only thing I have found elsewhere is the declaration that Einkorn is easier to digest, with no real science to back it up.