Why has my blue columbine faded to almost white?

Why has my blue columbine faded to almost white? I planted it three years ago from seed that I harvested from a blue columbine. It is planted in well drained soil at the north end of our house and gets morning sun. Do I need to fertilize it?

El Paso County Colorado flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Thank you for your question.
I assume that this new columbine plant that you grew from seed has not bloomed yet?!
The very colorful columbine that we see in the nurseries all the time are hybrid plants, The are a creation from 2 different colored parents ( ie: dark blue and white = light blue). The light blue columbine will have the same color bloom, as long as it is alive. The seeds from this columbine might be light blue, white or dark blue, or different shades/colors if cross pollinated with another colorful columbine in your garden. If you collect seeds next time it might be a good idea to collect several, seed them out (maybe even in pots) so you have a higher chance of growing the color you were hoping to get.
Thanks again for your question.