green beans

I just put my green beans in my green house, now the leaves are curling an hour later. Should i bring them back in my house or wait to see if they adapt?

Kendall County Illinois

Thank you for your email to eXtension.

Why did you bring your green bean plants back indoors? Are you supposed to be getting a freeze? (I'm in the southern party of Indiana, and don't know what the weather is like by you).

It's probable that the greenhouse is very warm, and the plants might respond by curling up their leaves. They might adapt, unless it's VERY warm, in which case they may not survive. If you're not expecting a killing freeze in the evenings, I would bring the beans back outdoors.

Generally, I've never had a lot of luck transplanting bean plants. I usually plant the seeds directly out in the garden. You might want to consider doing this in the next couple of weeks, especially if these plants don't recover.