The best combination

I'd like to know what combination of aquatic plants would be best to achieve the most efficient ecosystem in my region. I'm currently researching converting my detent pond in to a natural swimming pool and water garden. My goal is to clarify and provide my pond with the cleanest water possible.The pond covers approximately 1/4 acre with an average depth of 6'. Part shade in the early morning and late afternoon. Otherwise, full sun from 10am to 4pm. I have a few small cypress trees in a 6sf area that provide cover all day.

Galveston County Texas freshwater aquaculture

Please contact the Extension Office at 281-534-3413 ext. 2,2 for Julie Massey or ext. 2,5 for Phoenix Rogers to discuss this question and it's answers in detail.

You may also want to attend the pond management seminar being offered Thursday, May 8 at the Galveston County Extension Office. Please RSVP by calling 281-309-5068

You can also review aquatic plants and their uses at: http://aquaplant.tamu.edu/