I want to know how to become a counselor for Beginners Camp June 9-12th at...

I want to know how to become a counselor for Beginners Camp June 9-12th at Canters Caves. My daughter wants to attend camp but she will only attend if I can become a counselor or volunteer. How do I go about doing this??

Gallia County Ohio

Counselors for all of our camps are required to be between the ages of 14-18 by Jan. 1st of the current year. We do not have adult counselors in our county 4-H camping program. Teen camp counselors are selected in Jan. and go through a 20 hour training course approved by the ACA. If your child would like to experience camp in an overnight setting to see if she likes it, I would suggest signing up for Spring Fling which will be held May 2-3 at Canter's cave for students in grades 3-6. This allows the child to experience all the fun of camp in an overnight setting without the commitment of coming to camp for 4 days. For information on Spring Fling please e-mail Jo Williams at William.2213@osu.edu. If she likes it then she can sign up for beginner camp. We often suggest having friends sign up to camp together their first year, if you are worried about homesickness.