My small raised bed is full of this white fungus or mold. It is just below...
My small raised bed is full of this white fungus or mold. It is just below the surface and goes downs at least a foot. In past years I have added compost to the soil, but this is the first time this has appeared. I cannot identify it, so I don't know if it is harmful, beneficial, or neither. I have been turning the soil and exposing the white material to try and dry it out. I would like to know what it is before I plant any vegetables. Thank You.
This is normal, harmless and nothing to worry about. It is a natural occurance as plant material breaks down to have fungal strands (mycellium) grow and be noticeable under the right conditions.